Friday, April 5, 2013

Tip #64 - Dropbox For Document Sharing or Backup


100 Computer Tips in 100 Days

Tip #64 - Dropbox For Document Sharing or Backup


One of my favorite free programs to store and share documents is Dropbox. It uses cloud technology which allows me to access my files from any computer. This is helpful if you travel without your computer but need to work on files. Simply log on to any computer, bring up a browser and sign into your Dropbox account. Instantly you will see all of the folders and files you have saved in your local Dropbox. You can also share specific folders in your Dropbox, which is an important feature if you need to share documents with someone.
 
Dropbox Logo
Who might benefit from using this service? I think almost everyone could. You can use it as an extra storage area for files you don’t want to lose. If something happens to your computer and all of the files stored in the Dropbox will be safe and available. If you’re a teacher or a member of a committee and need students or co-workers to send you files, create a shared folder and the students can drop their submissions into the special folder.

Get creative and let me know how you’re using your Dropbox program.

My book, 100 Amazing Computer Tips - Shortcuts, Tricks, and Advice to Help Everyone from Novice to Professional, is available NOW at Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble in both print and ebook formats. There's also a handy link on top right side of this window.

Happy computing!

Diane



Don't forget to click the Subscribe to 100 Computer Tips in 100 Days via email link on the right side of the screen so you get email alerts when Diane adds a new post.


2 comments:

  1. Dropbox is smart about the way it copies files. I first started using DropBox because I needed a way to get documents from my home computer to my work computer and through a really restrictive firewall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right about how effective Dropbox is. We are leaving for an extended vacation and I will be using an assortment of devices while we are away. I've put my current book in my Dropbox folder so I can work on it anywhere/anytime.

      Delete

Named Cells and Ranger in Excel

Great Computer Tips Named Cells and Ranges in Excel Naming cells Cells already have names such as A1, B27, etc. but you can also give them n...