Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Tip # 102 - FTP via Skype


100 (or more) Computer Tips in 100 (or more) Days

Tip #102 - FTP via Skype



Recently I had to send a BIG graphic file to China for a client but the file was too big to attach to an email. The provider asked if I had a Skype account (of course I did, how else can I see the grands) so we exchanged Skype names. 

After I had added his name to my contact list and double clicked on the name, I saw the plus sign button. Clicking on it gives you choices that include: Send File, Send Contacts, Share Screens and Add People.  Of course, I was looking to send a file so I chose that option that brought up the standard dialog box to choose the file. Once the file was chosen I then clicked on the Video call button. When the contact accepted the call the download started. A few minutes later a huge file had been transferred from FL to Shanghai, China!!! Isn't the internet a wonderful thing??? 

Hope you enjoyed this tip.

Happy Computing!

Diane

Don't forget to click the Subscribe to 100 Computer Tips in 100 Days via email link on the right side of the screen so you get email alerts when Diane adds a new post.

Want more tech news or interesting links? You'll get plenty of both if you keep up with Diane McKeever, the writer of 100 Computer Tips in 100 Days, by subscribing to her Facebook posts or visiting her web page, www.dianemckeever.com . 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Named Cells and Ranger in Excel

Great Computer Tips Named Cells and Ranges in Excel Naming cells Cells already have names such as A1, B27, etc. but you can also give them n...